Saturday 13 June 2020

Week #37 100WC - Camryn

I look up from my book realsing my mum has stopped practising on her viola. 

“Come here Camryn,” she calls loudly. “I found a picture of your great great grandmother .” She shows me a very old picture.

“She looks ancient,” I say. 

The picture has dust and all kinds of germs on it, it is so dusty that you can’t even see the gold rim on the canvas. In the very old photo of my great great grandmother I notice she is looking around. 

“She looks very lost,”  I say to Mum. “I think she is searching for someone.”


1 comment:

  1. Camryn, I do like the way you have personalised your story. As I complete my reading I am left wondering what your great great grandmother's life story might be.One day you might want to investigate your own real ancestors' history.
    Great use of punctuation in your dialogue with your mother too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Plymouth

    ReplyDelete