Thursday 28 May 2020

Week #35 100WC - Ruby

My feet wade through the icy water. The river flows downstream, before ending in a waterfall. That is our destination. I can even hear the rush of water not far away. Above me, are bare branched trees, shadowing over the river like extended fingers. We came from the mountains, which I can now see in the distance, covered in thick snow and ice. Buster is standing on the bank over the river, acting like a watchdog. I dip my bottle into the cold water, filling it up to the top. After a quick refreshment, we will be on our way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby, It was a really good descriptive writing. My favourite part is all of the descriptive words that you used to describe it. Kind regards Annabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great piece of description. It was like reading a painting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete